Entries are currently being accepted for the 30th anniversary, 2018 Gisborne International Music Competition
THE GISBORNE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION CHARITABLE TRUST INVITES YOUNG NEW ZEALAND AND INTERNATIONAL MUSICIANS TO ENTER THE 30th GISBORNE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION.
The Gisborne International Music Competition is open to all players of core orchestral instruments aged between 16 and 25 years. Competitors are asked to submit a 45-55 minute balanced, contrasting programme comprising a minimum of three different works, including at least one unaccompanied work, from at least two different musical periods.
The Gisborne International Music Competition has established a reputation fostering new entrants to international competition as well as being a respected fixture for experienced competitors. The philosophy behind the GIMC has always been to provide a supportive, friendly environment in which the musicians involved may perform at their best.
* Over $24,000 in prizes, including $10,000 First Prize
* Official collaborative pianists are made available at no additional cost
* All competitors are able to receive feedback about their performance in private interviews with the jurors
* Billetted accomodation is available for competitors in Gisborne during the competition
* A number of social and outreach activities are offered
If you would like assistance sourcing works by New Zealand composers for your instrument, please contact SOUNZ, Centre for New Zealand Music www.sounz.org.nz